Flashcard Generator is a Microsoft Office add-in. You will need a PC running Windows with PowerPoint installed.
The easiest way to find out if your computer meets all the requirements is to try Free Flashcard Generator.
- Unzip the installation .zip file to a folder of your choice
- Run "setup.exe"
- At this prompt, click "Install"
- Follow the prompts until the installation is completed (the installer will automatically download the appropriate .Net Framework and Office runtime if they are missing from your computer)
You must first install Free Flashcard Generator: installation
- For this tutorial, we will use example.pptx.
Save it to your computer and open it with Microsoft Office Powerpoint
- Click on the "Flashcard Generator" tab
- Click on "Current Slide" to generate a flashcard from the current slide
- Flashcard Generator just generated a flashcard from the slide; use the page up and down to switch back and forth
Please refer to the Office documentation:
To completely uninstall Flashcard Generator:
- From the start menu, open the "Control Panel"
- Open "Program and Features"
- Right-click on Flashcard Generator and select "Uninstall"
Will Flashcard Generator work with my instructor's PowerPoint presentations?
Free Flashcard Generator will work with most PowerPoint presentations.
However it won't work with slides that are made from scanned pictures, books ...
If your instructor actually made the slides by hand, there is a good chance Free Flashcard Generator will work for you.
The easiest way to find out is to try it.
Reporting a problem or sending feedback
If you find problems with Free Flashcard Generator, have a PowerPoint presentation for which Free Flashcard Generator does not work or if you simply would like to share feedback with me, please send your comments to .